Q: Does the Village have a Notary available?
A: No the Village of Westchester does not have a Notary of Public available. You can check with your local Bank, Attorneys, Accountant, Package delivery stores and local Post Office.

Q. Do you have a vehicle sticker?
A. Yes. The Village of Westchester requires you to purchase a local vehicle sticker on an annual basis. New residents are provided a 30 day grace period to obtain their sticker. Stickers can be purchased at Village Hall during normal business hours. Residents must bring in their vehicle registration (Secretary of State), with their updated address in order to be issued a Village vehicle sticker.

Q: What do I need to bring in to get a vehicle sticker?
A: You need to bring in either the pre-printed form OR the registration for your license plate

Q. What side of the street can I park on?
A. Look for no parking signs at the beginging of each block or the middle of the block for posted no parking signs. Odd / Even days 

Q. What are curfew hours?
A. The Village curfew applies to those 17 years old and younger (Village Ordinance 7.20) Curfew hours as follows:

  • Between 11:30 pm Friday and 6:00 am Saturday;
  • Between 11:30 pm Saturday and 6:00 am on Sunday
  • Between 10:30 pm on Sunday to Thursday, inclusive, and 6:00 am on the following day.

Q. What are the allowed hours for construction, music, landscaping noise/work?
A. Construction is not permitted as follows:

  • Between 10:00 pm and 7:00 am Sunday to Thursday.
  • Between 11:00 pm and 7:00 am Friday and Saturday.

Q. How often am I billed for my water and refuse?
A. You are billed every 2 month.

Q. How do I pay my water bill?
A. The Village offers four options to pay your water bill.

  • Option 1: Pay in person, at Village Hall,

  • Option 2: Utilize E-pay services to pay online, click the e-payment icon in the middle of the page and follow the instructions to submit payment

  • Option 3: Use the preaddressed return envelope included with your bill to submit payment by check to our lockbox.

  • Option 4: Set up automatic debit payment from your checking or savings account.

Q. How can I get an extension on my water billing due date?
A. The village allows for extensions and payment plan arrangements one time every 12 months. By coming in and filling out a Hardship Hearing Request form, you will be allowed to defer your billing due date, and you will be assigned a hearing date to make a payment plan arrangement. This process will ensure that there is no interruption in serve. For further information contact the Utility Billing Dept.

Q. Is a license required to operate a business in town?
A. All businesses must be licensed. The licensing process begins by making application to the Village Clerk. 

Q. Who can I call about a wild animal in my house?
A. The Village does not perform these removal services; however, there are several private removal companies in the area.

Q. When selling my property, does the village have a transfer tax?
A. No. However you are required to obtain a certificate of compliance through the Community Development Department. Please call 708-345-0199 to schedule your home compliance inspection.

Q. Can I rake my leaves in to the street?
A. We ask that you do not rake leaves into the street as this causes sewer problems, clogs the storm sewers and creates unsafe driving conditions. The Village distributes a packet of leaf bags to each residence for your convenience.

Q. There is a dead animal in the street in front of my house. Will the Village pick it up?
A. The Village will pick up dead animals that are in the right of way, i.e. the street. Please call the Public Works Department at 708-345-0041 for this service. We do not pick up dead animals on private property.

Q. I put my branches out late or missed branch pick-up. Can the Village come back and pick them up?
A. We ask that your branches be put out on the parkway no later than 7am on your designated pick up day. Due to time schedule and other workload responsibilities the Village cannot guarantee that we can pick up branches that are put out late unless the route for that day is finished early.